Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011


In case you are wondering why I am posting pictures of fireworks for New Years, I am currently visiting family in Germany (and loving every minute of it) and for New Year's Eve the Germans shoot off fireworks for most of the night. I heard and saw them start at around 8 or 9 p.m. and they continued intermittently until midnight, at which point, the towns went crazy and shot off amazing amounts of fireworks. I finally went to sleep around 1:30 a.m. and there were still a few scattered fireworks going off. I don't know if any other European countries share in this tradition, but it was amazing. Do any other Americans think this is a tradition the U.S.A needs to adopt? I think we should have fireworks twice a year!

It was pretty spectacular, if I had a tri-pod I would have gotten some really fantastic shots, but since I don't, you'll have to settle for these.

Happy New Year 2011!!












No comments:

Post a Comment